Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Left Foot

In my last tempo workout I noticed that my left foot got lazy and was not nearly as 'rigid' as my right foot. This would explain why it was sore after my last 19-miler. So I have been working on 'fixing' the lazy limb by concentrating on my stride as it lands.

Interestingly enough, in one of the photos taken of Kara Goucher dueling Paula Radcliffe, I observed that PR supinates her feet greatly. You may have seen her 'awkward' form when she races; if not, she bobs her head while she runs; she reminds me of a chicken pecking grains. It made me wonder how much faster she would be if she had a flaw-less form.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good luck at the Army 10. It looks like they get a nice field. That is one of my favorite distances so I may put it on the calendar for next year.

Hope you have a good race.