Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why do you run? & RAW format



Why do YOU run? Do you run for yourself? I'd like to say that I run to feel alive. Sounds poetic doesn't it? I can't say that I enjoy it when I am hammering that last mile in a 5K and my legs are hurting and my lungs are burning, but one must admit that pain is proof that one exists, that one lives.

I, I'm still alive
Hey I, but, I'm still alive
Hey I, boy, I'm still alive
Hey I, I, I, I'm still alive, yeah


While I do believe that is the reason I run, the REAL reason I run is to keep unnecessary calories away. After all, I love pastries and beer :-)

Interestingly, Reebok came out with the 'Run Easy' campaign, brought to my attention courtesy of Sempre Libera, and I must admit I made premature comments on her blog. Then I googled for more info and I ran into this article in USA Today and the campaign made more sense. Now, I am sure the creators never thought they would end up insulting serious/dedicated runners. I also had forgotten about ADIDAS (my shoe of choice) owning Reebok. What an irony. It's almost like Good vs. Evil. Day and Night.

On a totally different note, while following some links I ran (no pun intended) into this guy, Luis Montemayor, who includes a tutorial to convert RAW images into highly creative pictures. Being the amateur photographer, I found them quite easy to follow. Now, I can't wait 'til I get back to Los Angeles and experiment with my Nikon D50. I highly recommend it.

P.S. The photo shows two german beers. They're non-alcoholic because I am in detox and am not allowed to drink. Just kidding! :-) BUT, what is true is that I am not allowed to have alcoholic drinks :-(

Cheers!

No comments: