Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's the Humidity Stupid!

Today I wanted to push the pace in 90F degree weather... It went better than I expected... 8:14, 7:58, 7:53, 7:41 (31:46), 7:30, 7:36, 7:45*, 7:24 (30:15). Interesting how yesterday's run, while cooler felt harder; my guess is that the humidity was the culprit.

Yesterday's run started with me feeling really sluggish, then the humidity/heat got to me (or maybe it was GERD as I felt heaviness in my chest)... managed to push it for the last mile. 75F, 63% humidity. I averaged 8:31 pace for seven miles.

Today's humidity was only 37%.

Some tidbits
  • On Tuesday I had an interview for Structural Engineering Associate... did not go too well as I have not done structural calculations in eons. I still have hope I will get picked though.
  • Next week I leave for Mexico for two weeks; I am hoping I will be able to run while there.
  • My next race is the Nike NYC Half... since I am not in racing shape, all I am hoping is for a good time... AND maybe run in the 1:32s... or better :-) It will be up to the weather gods.
  • Good luck to Bridget on Saturday.

No comments: