Saturday, May 03, 2008

HRM

My running has a tendency to hit snugs from time to time. As such, it is time to look for something different that will spike up my training. A few years ago I was given a Polar 625SX and I have decided to put it to good use, sans the foot pod. I want to build up mileage and run a few quality runs here and there, trying not to burn out using the HRM as a guide.

Last Wednesday I tried 24X20 seconds with 60 second-recoveries in between and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The run ended up lasting for 12 miles. I want to do this kind of workout once every two weeks; we'll see how it goes.

As for the pain outside my left foot during the B*ston marathon, it appears that it was caused by a lose fitting shoe... stupid is as stupid does... it just goes to show you that sometimes the most basic things in life can inflict pain if not done right.

So what's in the horizon for me? The marathon du medoc for one as I already bought a non-refundable flight to Bordeaux. This race will be run for fun with no time goal, just to have fun and to drink as many different wines as possible. Can you say: Alkie? :-)

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Sorry to read about Boston. Hey I didn't realize that you had a 625x too. You'll have to post some graphs some time :) Good luck with the training! Do they hand out wine at the aid stations?

Quinto Sol said...

Yes, but I won't be able to use the software as it isn't compatible with Vista :-(

And yes, the marathon goes through sevral chateaus where you get a chance to taste their wine...