Thursday, May 08, 2008

HRM- Part Deux

So I have given up on using the HRM as a guide. Lemme 'splain. Two days ago while attempting to run 10 miles at a 'decent' pace (read: 7:10) the damn thing, or really the chest strap restricted my thorax from expanding fully, forcing me to slow down prematurely; so I have decided to drop the darn thing. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Now for more important factoids. When I raced CIM I sort of promised Andres that I would run the Green Bay marathon. I did not fully commit because Bay-to-Breakers was that same day, and I have been dying to run that race, if not to get the HR up, to check up all those weirdos who run sans clothes :-) What to do with the quasi-promise you ask? I called him and told him I could run the Madison 'thon the following week if he was up to it. He said: of course! And that's how I booked my flight to MOOdison, wisCOWsin. HIS goal is to run 3:30; we'll see how he does :-)

Cheers!!

3 comments:

Arcane said...

sorry to hear about the HR strap. It might be too tight. If it's the nice flexible one that comes with the625x, you should be able to adjust it so that it's doesn't restrict. Also you can try wearing it higher on your chest it might not compress as much.

Quinto Sol said...

The problem is that when I run easy (135-150 bpm) the strap slides down a bit. If I were to loosen it during my hard days, it would mean I would have to adjust it more often than I am willing to do.

Believe me, I have tried several locations and my amorphous chest does not help :-)

Mindi said...

I have the same problem with the HRM during races. Either it slips and drives me crazy or it is too tight. Not to mention that it isn't the best to look at during a race (my HR is WHAT?!?!) :)

I had no idea you were in Madison this weekend! Bummer that I missed you! Next time you need to give me the heads up - I would have loved to have met you. I hope you had a great race!